IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VOTER ID CHANGES
Only first time voters and voters new at the polling place need to show an ID at the polls.
Click Here for a Sample Voting Ballot
Click on the links below to view the information:
Voter ID Card Voter ID FAQ
Also check the Pa Department of State website for the most up-to-date information on how to obtain a Voter ID
Launched by the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF) in October of 2006, VOTE411.org is a "one-stop-shop" for election related information. It provides nonpartisan information to the public with both general and state-specific information on the following aspects of the election process. Click on the logo for more details.
We have candidate forums on BCTV, October 16th and Oct. 29th all beginning at 8:00 pm.
Click on the link to see archived shows.
Programs planned for 2012 include:
· Our monthly show on Berks Community Television
· General Membership/ Program meeting in January
· Breakfast with our local elected officials
· Voter service activities – 2012 is a Presidential Election Year. We’ll need lots of help to register voters and get them to vote.
There are many opportunities to participate. In what activity would you like to be involved?
Some activities we had in Summer and Fall, 2011 included:
· A program on Gerrymandering and Redistricting at Albright College and BCTV
· TV show and public program on Marcellus Shale and the environment
· Candidates’ forums on BCTV
· Voter service activities
· Participating in a “FAIR” at Penn State Berks on gender equality
· An ice cream party and membership program at the Historical Society of Berks County
Thank you to all the people who renewed their membership for 2012 and to our valued friends. There is still time to send your dues for next year.
The purpose of the League of Women Voters is to promote responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government.
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any political party or candidate, but it does encourage its members to participate in the party of their choice.
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to men and women who are 18 years of age or older.
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Click Here to View Our Position on Marcellus Shale Drilling
Click Here to view a Power Point Presentation
Click Here to view our Facebook Page
We are looking for volunteers to help coordinate upcoming events:
We need your help, it will be fun, educational and exciting!!